Morning Prayer - Monday-Wednesday & Friday
09:00 Common worship service of Morning Prayer led by one of the ministry team, since COVID19 lockdown this is now online via Facebook live please do join us.
7:20 am at St. Peter's - informal prayers with ecumenical friends. During COVID19 lockdown this is now hosted via Zoom please do contact Rev Natalie if you'd like to join us.
We would love to pray for you. You can leave us an email and message here. If you would like we can include your name, or the name of the one for whom you pray on our weekly service sheet, so that as a whole church we can pray for you.
The Prayer Chain will be alerted if you would like us to pray specifically.
Prayer events - will be updated upon planning
Prayer for our town
24/7 Prayer for Wycombe: April 2020 Prayer Sheet
How things have changed in our world since we sent the last prayer sheet out a month ago, but we have a God who never changes and who is the same “Yesterday, today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8). As we all adjust to the huge changes we are making in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic, we continue to trust our God, who is our rock, and to lift up our prayers to him for our loved ones, our town, our nation and our world.
keep in perfect peace
all who trust in you,
all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
Trust in the Lord always,
for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.”
Praying for our town
- Pray for all working in our NHS as they seek to offer care in the most challenging of circumstances. Pray for God’s protection over them and for strength and energy and good rest
- Pray for shops and businesses in the town and for all who are fearful about their jobs
- Pray for the emergency services, that they would have the resources to respond where needed
- Pray for teachers as they adapt to both teaching the children of key workers in schools and getting resources to children working from home
- Pray for the vulnerable, that they would get all the help they need at this time
- Pray for communities to find ways to support each other and to care for those most in need, while following guidelines
- Pray that all in our town would take the new rules to stay at home seriously
Wycombe Youth For Christ
Thank you for your continued prayers; please join us in praying:
· We would be able to find new ways to reach children and young people and that God will do great things for His glory.
· In the midst of the current uncertainty, we would be able to continue to share the message of God’s hope and love.
· God would reach out to children and young people in amazing and miraculous ways, bringing pace, hope and love..
Thank you once again for all your support and love. If you would like to know more about the work that we do, have any questions, or would like to get involved, please contact Erica Holt on Tel: 01494 522777 or email: email@example.com. Alternatively you can sign up to receive our regular updates at http://www.wycombeyfc.org.uk/getconnected/.
Wycombe Workplace Chaplaincy
- Pray for all the businesses in the town, especially retail, which were already going through challenging times.
- Pray for each person who has been laid off to find new and creative ways of earning income,
- Pray for business leaders to be able to shift production to what fits for the present reality
- Pray for the Chancellor of the Exchequer to make wise decisions
- Pray for local people to find ways to support our local businesses from home
For more details about getting involved in Chaplaincy in the future contact Wendy on Revwbull@gmail.com
Wycombe Wanderers’ Chaplaincy
- Pray for all involved at the football club during this challenging time
- Pray for Benedict, club Chaplain, to find ways of supporting all at the club during this time when they are not able to meet
- Pray for the well- being of staff, players, supporters and their families
- Pray that everyone who is fearful and anxious will find solace and assurance in the Rock of Ages, Jesus Christ.
- Pray for football authorities as they make decisions
Wycombe Homeless Connection
Please join us all at WHC in praying:
- that the staff team remains well so that we are able to continue to deliver support to those who rely on us.
- that we are able to deliver the best support we can without jeopardising the health of any of the team and any of our clients.
- that we will be able to continue to identify verified rough sleepers and move them into rooms asap so that they are no longer on the street.
- that our generous donors are able to support WHC financially to enable us to keep the rough sleepers accommodated for as long as is necessary.
- that we continue to work closely with Wycombe District Council and Connection Support and other agencies to ensure safety for our clients
- that we will be able to continue our advocacy work to prevent evictions
- that we will be able to make sure that our clients receive appropriate health care and medical intervention.
Churches and Church leaders
- Pray for our Church leaders as they seek to support their congregations, through the streaming of services and using social media
- Pray that congregations will find creative ways of staying connected when we cannot be together in person
- Pray for ways for churches to reach out to local communities
- Pray for confidence for Christians in sharing their faith with friends and speaking words of hope
- Pray that many will come to faith during this challenging time
· Azalea is delighted to announce the appointment of their new Operations Manager, who will start work on 20th April. Please pray for them as they prepare to start.
· This is a dangerous time for the women, who will have very fragile health due to their circumstances and drug use. Please pray for good health and hope, and that during this time of fear and uncertainty, they remember the gift bags they were given from Christians in High Wycombe who believe that God loves them.
· Please pray for salvation for the women and everyone in our town.
If you would like to find out more, donate to this life-changing work or join us to pray for these vulnerable women, please contact the King's Church on firstname.lastname@example.org
CAP Centre at King’s Church
The Coronavirus is having a big impact on CAP’s services. Head Office are not taking any new referrals. Face-to-face meetings with clients have been suspended until further notice and we are unable to keep previously arranged client appointments.
- Pray that in the midst of this crisis, God continues to pour out His Holy Spirit on this amazing organisation and that they would have wisdom to know how to manage things for His purposes and glory during this time.
- Pray that, working with the Financial Conduct Authority, CAP are able to establish a non-face-to-face debt service.
- Pray for the High Wycombe CAP Centre Manager, Debt Coaches and our team of Befrienders that we are kept safe from the virus.
- Pray for wisdom, how best to support clients at this time. Pray there would still be opportunities to share the gospel. There’s no reason why we shouldn’t expect to see salvation even in the midst of this isolation and lock down.
- Pray clients are kept free from the virus. Pray also for their mental health. Many suffer from mental health issues anyway because of debt. Pray they would know in a more personal way that God loves them and is for them.
- Continue to pray God’s blessing on churches working with us and praying for us. It’s all about the kingdom of God and we long to see CAP clients who come to faith link into local churches in our town.
- Continue praying for ongoing favour with referral agencies; DWP, Wycombe District Council, Social Services, Housing Associations etc.
- Above all else, pray God works out His godly purposes in the midst of this crisis. He is well able to do that. Remember Ephesians 3:20, 21 – “Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”
For further information or if you are interested in supporting the work of CAP in our town, please contact Ian Bickerstaffe on 07730 498267 or email email@example.com
Please continue to pray for:
- Wycombe Rent Deposit Guarantee Scheme
- Wycombe Refugee Partnership
- Wycombe House of Prayer/Missional Church Community
- Street Angels
- One Can Trust food-bank
- Wycombe YMCA
- Wycombe Burn 24/7
. Tithe Prayer for April: Praying for our world during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Please pray for a halt in the spread of Coronavirus
- Please pray for a full recovery for those suffering from the virus
- Pray for God’s comfort for those who have lost loved ones
- Pray for God’s protection for the most vulnerable parts of the world, where they do not have good healthcare systems
- Pray for wisdom for world leaders
“The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”